Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Very Helpful Chart

I found this chart in my ESV Study Bible this morning while looking at verses on Definite Atonement. I found it to be very helpful in seeing the Sovereignty of God in salvation...limited to the book of Acts. Yes, this is a free advertisement for the ESV Study Bible...I highly recommend it...there are plenty more of these resources in this awesome study Bible, I pray that you would find this one as helpful as I have.


God's Sovereignty in Salvation as Seen in Acts

God ordained the cross

God calls, adds, and appoints many to eternal life

God gives faith and repentance; God cleanses and opens hearts

  • Acts 2:23 “Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God”
  • Acts 3:18 “what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer, he thus fulfilled”
  • Acts 4:27–28 “there were gathered together . . . Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, to do whatever your hand . . . had predestined to take place”
  • Acts 2:39 “the promise is to . . . everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself”
  • Acts 2:41 “there were added that day about three thousand souls”
  • Acts 2:47 “the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved”
  • Acts 5:14 “believers were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women”
  • Acts 11:24 “a great many people were added to the Lord”
  • Acts 13:48 “as many as were appointed to eternal life believed”
  • Acts 3:16 “the faith that is through Jesus”
  • Acts 5:31 “God exalted him . . . to give repentance to Israel”
  • Acts 11:18 “to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life”
  • Acts 15:8–9 “God . . . having cleansed their hearts by faith”
  • Acts 16:14 “The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul”
  • Acts 18:27 “those who through grace had believed”

2 comments:

D said...

Ray This is great information my friend. I am getting my copy sometime this week bro. I will call you and talk to you about it.

D said...

Ray I ordered my copy early this morning bro. It will be here soon my friend. thanks for the recommendation my friend