Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hope in Christ....




Firstly, I recently purchased a new laptop...so this is mostly just me wanting to test out the webcam feature on it: successful! Anyways, I figured I would test the new webcam while going over some points for a sermon I will be preaching tomorrow. The video is called "Hope In Christ", but I haven't come up with a sermon title as of yet. Lamentations 3:24 will be the verse that I will be focusing on and it stands out to me so much because of two words that Jeremiah uses in the midst of God-sent suffering, portion and hope. Jeremiah ascribes both of these words to the Lord even after he declared in verse 1 of chapter 3 that he was under God's wrath and judgment. I was thinking about how the gospel applies to this statement that Jeremiah made in verse 24, in that God, because of Christ, has made Himself the portion of those who believe in Him. Because the death of Christ justifies those who believe in Him, the believer has an unshakable hope in God through any sufferings and afflictions and an assurance that Christ will save us from wrath on the day of judgment. This is all because of God's love for us. (Romans 5:1-10)

No comments: